User Name
Password

Old 6th March 2012   #1
DVNT
Darkfloor.

tonight on Mantis Radio: Ourobonic Plague / 06/03/2012 20:00

Mantis 102 + Ourobonic Plague
Broadcasting at 20:00 GMT on Future Music / Darkfloor

For show 102 we head to Australia and welcome to the showcase session Perth’s Ourobonic Plague.

the showcase
Producer Ourobonic Plague is a man who began a life in music as a hiphop MC. Having diverse taste in music, led to discovering the likes of Sunn 0))) and Burial around the same time. That combined with a love of the beats of the Southern rap scene, led to, in 2005, his first dabblings in production. It was then he began to combine the elements that formed these styles.

He’s released his “beats and drones for strange times” as tapes, downloads and CDrs through several labels including Now…This!, AMDiscs and Twice Removed.

At present he is working with the UK based Robot Elephant Records, where he has a track appearing on their upcoming Robot Elephant vs Tundra Dubs compilation, and is deep into the creation of an album also to be released by them later this year.

As to his mix for tonight’s show he says:

“I originally wanted this to be all cool, dark, minimal beats, but it ended up being a mix of songs by my friends and influences. I’m far from an expert at mixing but I tried to create a bit of a journey here. A journey with an honest soundtrack, that will hopefully introduce you to some interesting stuff you haven’t heard before. Naturally there’s a few of my own tunes in here, including a couple that have yet to be released.”

previous shows
Mantis Archives / iTunes / Podcast
 :: quote post ::